Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NCS Config - Am I doing it right?

Hi All,

I have deployed a couple of NCS servers so far, and whilst I think I've covered everything I'm still not sure, as apart from the config guide, which I have gone through a couple of times, there isn't much around about any best practices or examples of how things should be done.

So I guess my question is, is how did everyone else learn NCS/WCS? Was it just from the config guide and a lot of playing, or is there other material out there that goes a long way to helping make things clearer as well?

cheers

Everyone's tags (3)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: NCS Config - Am I doing it right?

Well for me, it was initially the config guide and after doing a few more, it was basically playing around with WCS seeing what works well and what doesn't. Since this is software, the only real best practice is probably the server requirement.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

For me, I learned WCS by practice. Whenever i want to do thing that I don't know how to do I was searching the config guide for that and most of the time I find what I want. That is added to my experience and built my knowledge database.

Alot of playing works fine but the real knowlege is when you want something specific to be done and you try to configure it and it may or may not work. Then you start discovering why it is not working and read more and more about this specific config until you fix it. That experience you will get with time.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Cisco Employee

If you understand how the managed device works , you can drive anything on the management application without any issue.

Whenever you feel that trying things from the managed device requires huge effort then you should think of moving to management application and find some options that aid in adding more scalabiltiy and flexibility to the ongoing process.

Thanks guys. Looks like it is just a matter of self learning and doing things over and over, as well as questioning every little bit of the software as you go then!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content