cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

NCS Lobby Ambbasador problem

Hi!

I've created a lobby ambassador user account in NCS, I have assigned a campus, a building and all floors of that building. I want this lobby ambassador to be able to create users guest accounts only for this building! There seems to be a problem, all guest accounts created by this lobby ambassador can connect to guest SSID in all buildings of the company! I don't want it to happen, i want to restrict them to the building where they were allowed.

Any ideas why?

How can I work around this problem?

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY

NCS Lobby Ambbasador problem

Hi Bernard,

The creation of the guest user actually depends on the WLC.

If the NCS/WCS pushed the created guest user to WLC X then the created user can connect to all APs on WLC X that offer the target SSID.

I just tried it on my WCS and when I create a user in some locaiton it pushes it to all WLCS that have joined APs in the specified locations. However, if you have other APs on same WLC that in different location those APs will also be offer the created user to connect to without a problem.

I think this is by design.
Even when you create the user on WLC directly it does not offer you the location. The only offers you to choose the profile. nothing based on the location.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content