Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

NCS Server Backupfile

Hi

We have got an Virtual NCS Server with Version 1.1.1.24.

I have configured the NCS Backup via FTP to an FTP Server.

We have got about 1600 Accesspoints and 10 Controller and about 100 Switches in the NCS.

The Backup file is now about 11GB, and it grows about 500MB a Day.

Is this normal ?.

The Backup of the old WCS Version we have got was only about 2,8GB big.

So i am running out of space at the FTP server when the Backup is growing every day about of 500mb.

Do you have any idea what i can do?

Kind Regards

Tobias Feichtinger

• Security and Network Management
Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

Re: NCS Server Backupfile

Hi,         

According to the number of devices that you have I think this is normal. The number of clients that you have plays a role as well.

WCS used SolidSQL DB while NCS uses Oracle DB. This could also be a reason why the size different; because the way how both DB engines treat data is different.

Are you choosing to backup the location appliance as well? or the size you metnioned is only for NCS DB?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi,

We have got at the top at the moment about 1000 wireless and  about 5000 wired clients. But there are some Catalyst 4510R+E with Sup 7  whitch are not supported so there will be in the future about 4000  wired clients more.

The Backup of the Location Appliance is on the NCS appliance but these are only about 300 MB in one Week.

The size i mean is the whole backup of the NCS appliance.

The Backup of the Controllers is also on an different TFTP Server.

Kind Regards

Tobias Feichtinger

I understand you. I've a different server (ACS server appliance) and I have much less information to store into the DB than you and I still have the size of the DB increasing like 2 GB / week.

This is why I think this is a kind of normal with your high number of devices/clients.

You can open a TAC case and see how can cisco help on this.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.