Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NCS VM Minimum Server Requirements

Cisco's NCS Small Virtual Appliance Requirements as per below allow monitoring of up to 3000 access-points. We only need to monitor <400 Access-Points, 4 x WLC's and <25 autonomous access-points and I am wondering is anyone has deployed NCS on VM with less than the small virtual appliance requirements to monitor only a small number of AP's and WLCs?

Minimum server requirements for deploying NCS Virtual Appliances

Cisco Prime NCS Large Virtual Appliance:

• Up to 15,000 lightweight access points, 5000 autonomous access points, 1200 wireless LAN controllers, and 5000 switches or up to 5000 routers

• Minimum RAM: 16 GB

• Minimum hard disk space allocation: 400 GB

• Processors: 8 cores, at 2.93 GHz or better

Cisco Prime NCS Medium Virtual Appliance:

• Up to 7500 lightweight access points, 2500 autonomous access points, 600 wireless LAN controllers, and 2500 switches or up to 2500 routers

• Minimum RAM: 12 GB

• Minimum hard disk space allocation: 300 GB

• Processors: 4 cores, at 2.93 GHz or better

Cisco Prime NCS Small Virtual Appliance:

• Up to 3000 lightweight access points, 1000 autonomous access points, 240 wireless LAN controllers and switches or up to 1000 routers

• Minimum RAM: 8 GB

• Minimum hard disk space allocation: 200 GB

• Processors: 2 cores, at 2.93 GHz or better

2 REPLIES

Re: NCS VM Minimum Server Requirements

Hello,

I am not sure about NCS but I have tried another Cisco product that can be purchased as an applicance or installed virtually. It had minimum requrements of RAM and desk space.

When I treid to install it on a virtual machine it complained about desk space. it could not be installed until I - virtually - assigned the needed minimum desk space to the virtual machine.
For the RAM however it did not complain although it was less than 1/4 of the minimum requirement listed in the document.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Cisco Employee

Re: NCS VM Minimum Server Requirements

You should make sure about minimum requirements. You should have your ESXi VMWARE installed on a machine meeting the minimum requirements.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content