Cisco's NCS Small Virtual Appliance Requirements as per below allow monitoring of up to 3000 access-points. We only need to monitor <400 Access-Points, 4 x WLC's and <25 autonomous access-points and I am wondering is anyone has deployed NCS on VM with less than the small virtual appliance requirements to monitor only a small number of AP's and WLCs?
Minimum server requirements for deploying NCS Virtual Appliances
Cisco Prime NCS Large Virtual Appliance:
• Up to 15,000 lightweight access points, 5000 autonomous access points, 1200 wireless LAN controllers, and 5000 switches or up to 5000 routers
• Minimum RAM: 16 GB
• Minimum hard disk space allocation: 400 GB
• Processors: 8 cores, at 2.93 GHz or better
Cisco Prime NCS Medium Virtual Appliance:
• Up to 7500 lightweight access points, 2500 autonomous access points, 600 wireless LAN controllers, and 2500 switches or up to 2500 routers
• Minimum RAM: 12 GB
• Minimum hard disk space allocation: 300 GB
• Processors: 4 cores, at 2.93 GHz or better
Cisco Prime NCS Small Virtual Appliance:
• Up to 3000 lightweight access points, 1000 autonomous access points, 240 wireless LAN controllers and switches or up to 1000 routers
I am not sure about NCS but I have tried another Cisco product that can be purchased as an applicance or installed virtually. It had minimum requrements of RAM and desk space.
When I treid to install it on a virtual machine it complained about desk space. it could not be installed until I - virtually - assigned the needed minimum desk space to the virtual machine. For the RAM however it did not complain although it was less than 1/4 of the minimum requirement listed in the document.
Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Transferring Crash file from standby: Login to the Active WLC in HA.
From CLI: (Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload filename (Cisco
Controller) >transfer upload mode tftp (Cisco Controller) >transfer
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark
and OmniPeek. The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More
filters will be added as time allows. It is a living doc, so check back
for changes every so often Please feel f...