cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need article for PEAP setup using LWAPP/LANController 4404

rlortiz
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find much configuration information regarding PEAP using LWAPP AP's and a 4404 WLC.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Richard,

Perhaps these will help;

EAP Authentication with WLAN Controllers (WLC) Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665d18.shtml

Q. How do I set the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) type on the WLC? I want to authenticate against an Access Control Server (ACS) appliance, and I get an "unsupported EAP" type in the logs.

A. There is no separate EAP type setting on the WLC. For Light EAP (LEAP), EAP Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (EAP-FAST), or Microsoft Protected EAP (MS-PEAP), just configure IEEE 802.1x or Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) (if you use 802.1x with WPA). Any EAP type that is supported on the RADIUS back end and on the client is supported via the 802.1x tag. The EAP setting on the client and RADIUS server must match.

In order to enable EAP through the GUI on the WLC, complete these steps:

From the Summary window, click WLANs.

Click New on the right side of the window in order to define a new service set identifier (SSID) for the WLAN.

In the WLAN > New window, enter the SSID for the WLAN network, choose the WLAN identifier from the drop-down menu, and click Apply. The WLAN > Edit window appears.

Choose Security Policies > Layer 2 Security, choose 802.1x authentication from the drop-down menu, and click Apply. You can also configure the 802.1x parameters that are available in the same window. Then, the WLC forwards EAP authentication packets between the wireless client and the authentication server.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_qanda_item09186a008064a991.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

jdevoll
Level 1
Level 1

I can help tie all the pieces together, but in order to make sure I frame my answer correctly I need a bit more info...

What are you using for your RADIUS server?

Which supplicant are you going to use?

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: