Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help in configuring Cisco AP to support EAP authentication

Felix2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

in desperation after trying for more than 3 weeks, I am trying in this way to get a solution to my following problem.

I am trying to build up as 802.1x scenario using 802.11b infrastructure (RADIUS server, Cisco 1100 Aironet AP, Cisco PCMCIA WLAN card with Xsupplicant software, the complete OS is Linux). I am trying to use EAP-MD5 authentication. It seems that the things are funtioning in standalone mode.

The client wants to authenticate to access WLAN. It sends EAPoL start packet and gets a request from AP for user identity. Good. Then the user sends his identity with EAP packet. The Cisco AP is forwarding the request to RDAIUS server as specified in many documents. It is also Good. RADIUS server is sending a request for challenge (Password). Upto this point things are gooing fine.

Now the Cisco AP is not sending this challenge to the

Xsupplicant, it is just ignoring it. Can any one help me in this point. If needed I can also send the configuration file of the AP.

I would be very thankful, if I could solve this Problem with your support.

Thanking you in advance,

Felix

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

As per the RFC for RADIUS, a RADIUS Server receiving an Access-Request with a Message- Authenticator Attribute present MUST calculate the correct value of the Message-Authenticator and silently discard the packet if it does not match the value sent. A RADIUS Client receiving an Access-Accept, Access-Reject or Access-Challenge with a Message-Authenticator Attribute present MUST calculate the correct value of the Message-Authenticator and silently discard the packet if it does not match the value sent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card