Views
Helpful
Replies

New installation - Cisco Prime from OVA on VMWare

habibalby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just imported Cisco Prime OVA and followed the setup and entered the IP Address, hostname, DNS, Gateway etc etc... When I attempt to enter via the URL https://CicsoPrime01 it doesn't accept the connection. I'm able to ping to the CiscoPrime machine, but can't get in.

I searched and saw some troubleshooting steps such as ncs status, ncs start....

Result:

/opt/CSO01umos/bin/wcsadmin.sh no such file or directory....

Any help?

Thanks,

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does NCS status show? Post that

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

The  ova are preinstalled vmware machine try accessing the Cisco Prime using  the IP address and not the name (as this is usually due to DNS entry missing) and  during the installation also when  you have installed or started the Prime make sure you have updated flash  version may be that will help. Also try to post the error message that  you have received.(and if possible add the screen shot as well)

Hi Kashif,

I use the IP not the name of the Ncs.

habibalby
Level 1
Level 1

/opt/CSO01umos/bin/wcsadmin.sh no such file or directory.... 

This is the result of Ncs status

if an ncs status returns :::: /opt/CSO01umos/bin/wcsadmin.sh no such file or directory...::::

I would bet your installation is no good.

Please redeploy the OVA

yes i agree with Rob do try to redeply the OVA and lets us know

habibalby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm redeploying now.. in few minutes it will up and running and hope this time everything will be fine.

Thanks,

Hello Guys,

I Have just finished deploying it again, but still the same things...,

Installing NCS took around 5 minutes.

Stopped ..... it came up after very long time I can ping now and I can access to the server.

I can access now without any issue, I will start reading some quick started guide which could help me to understand it.

Stopped ..... it came up after very long time I can ping now and I can access to the server.

Thanks guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: