Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

No connection to Aironet 1602i Autonomous while using WPA2 Mandatory PSK with AES encryption

Hello,

I got a Cisco Aironet 1602i with Firmware 15.2.4-JB5. I have configured it to Broadcast a single SSID with Mandatory WPA2 PSK. The Encryption is set to AES CCMP. If I connect to the Network with three different Windows 8.1 Notebooks they will connect and authenticate, but the connection does not work. In fact, the notebook doesn't even receive an IP adress from my DHCP Server. Strange thing is, that the DHCP knows the notebook is there and assigns an IP, but the notebook doesn't receive it. If I assign static IP Adresses to the notebooks network cards, there is still no traffic going through. My mobile phone & my ebook reader work fine. They are listed as "unknown" clients in the Associations tab" but the network works on these devices. If I set the encryption to AES CCMP + TKIP the notebooks will connect (using TKIP) and everything works fine. I have used the Accesspoint with the same configuration for about one year. It suddenly stopped working three days ago. I have already reset the configuration  (using write default-config) and reinstalled the firmware. I have set the configuration manually afterwards (doesn't matte if using webinterface or CLI) but the problem remains unsolved.

Help please :D

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi,As you state that notebook

Hi,

As you state that notebook is working with AES CCMP + TKIP and not working with AES CCMP encryption

then please update the WLAN card driver for windows8 of your notebook and then check.

Hello,

Hello, nice to hear from you. The Wireless drivers are up to date. The 3 Notebooks usw different cards. The manufaturers are Broadcom, Atheros and Intel. I did a few more testing and recognized that if I Start Linux (ubuntu 12.04) or Windows 7 on these Notebooks, the connection works perfectly. It also works with Windows 8 using the Intel Wireless Utility instead oft Windows connection manager, but it takes really long to authenticate.
Bronze

Hi,You mean to say it is

Hi,

You mean to say it is taking too much time to authenticate, when you use Intel Wireless Utility.

please make sure you are using the latest version of utility as well

For Windows 8.1

64bit / 32bit : Latest version is 17.1.0

Hello again,

Hello again, the Problem is not that the Intel utility takes too much time, but that the notebooks seem to Connect but dont communicate at all if using the Windows integrated connection manager. I would prefer not to use the Intel utility at all, but to install the driver alone and use the Windows connection manager. I'm using a cheap access point of another brand at the moment and the problem does not exist there. With the same security settings. I would like to use the Cisco AP again because range and data throughput are better. Did I understand correctly that noone else has reported a similar Problem ?

Hi, did you manage to solve

Hi, did you manage to solve this issue?

I am experiencing similar behavior from my 1142 Standalone it's been 2 days now. The difference is that nothing can connect on it.

I reset the config 5 times already with 3 different IOS versions and still nothing.

I get authentication error even when using No authentication, the radios are open, both SSID's without any security whatsoever and even with no encryption I cannot connect on it.

Any help around please?

Thanks

Kyriakos

Views
Helpful
Replies