Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

no data through an access point

Hello,

i have some trouble with my wireless enviroment.

The wireless enviroment consist of 30 cisco aironet 1210 access points, cisco wlse and cisco acs with ads authentification.

Since the last ios upgrade to version 12.3.8 on the aironet access points i have problems on some access points with the rooming from one ap to another.

On some AP the client authenticate correctly to the access point but can't renew his ip-adress and get data from the network. I thought it was a problem with the ios upgrade so i restore the old config and the old firmware but the problem remained exist.

The client use TKIP as data encryption and LEAP as server based authentification. when the client connects to some of my "problem" access points the server based authentification switch to NONE.

Has anybody an idea what i can do to solve my problem?

Thanks and greetings from germany

Daniel

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: no data through an access point

Which NICs / client software are you using?

Intel? ==> New drivers on the Intel Site, reported to fix many of the past problems (haven't tried them yet myself).

What version of software do you have on your WLSE?

Let us know ...

Scott

Re: no data through an access point

Hello Scott,

the nics are all from Cisco (Aironet 350, Aironet 802.11 a/b/g pccard and pci version) with client software version 2.1.

The version of the wlse is 2.9.1

The firmware-upgrade to version 12.3.8(JA) wasn't supported by the wlse so that i did it directly through the website of the access point.

after the beginning of the problems i restore the previous firmware 12.2... with the wlse and restore the old configuration file through a telnet session.

Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies