cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OEAP 600 and AP policies

s.hellman
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 5508 and a few hundred 1142 in our internal net. Now I bought some OEAP 600 to do tests in some small branch offices, but I would like to enable AP policies with MAC filtering to block that anyone else can connect an OEAP through our firewall. If I enable 'Accept Self Signed Certificates (SSC)' and 'Authorize MIC APs against auth-list or AAA' as suggested in Cisco document 'Aironet 600 Series OfficeExtend Access Point Configuration Guide', will that effect only my OEAP 600 or will I have to also include the MAc addresses of my internal 1142?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

It will affect all APs that connect to the controller that you enable that setting on. You can't just enable it for certain APs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

It will affect all APs that connect to the controller that you enable that setting on. You can't just enable it for certain APs.

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

For More information on OEAP-600, please watch the "Community Tech-Talk Series" Cisco Office Extend Access Point OEAP-600

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/begin-wireless/blog/2012/02/24/cisco-office-extend-access-point-oeap-600

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager - Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card