Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One SSID - Two Networks

Hi,

we have a scenario with two remote sites. Site A is the central office and Site B is a remote location.

In Site A we have a 6509 with WiSM and we have configured all the AP on these Wism (Site A + Site B APs).

We need to use the same SSID in Site A and in Site B with different Networks.

If I create a new SSID I can assigne Only one interface "vlan", created before. Can you tell me... if I create Two AP Groups can I assign different Interface to the same SSID, overwriting the global configuration made?

So, I'll have two AP Groups with the same SSID (WLAN) and two different Interfaces. Depending on the site (A or B) I'll have the Site's A APs with the Site's A Network and the Site's B APs with the Site's B Network. Is right?

Thanks

Leonardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes it does override the WLAN SSID interface.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use AP Groups if you want the traffic to terminate were your wlc are at. Or you can look into hreap, which allows you or terminate traffic at site B.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

The infrastructure provides a centralized architecture. I'd like to know if the AP Group overwritten the interface vlan defined during the SSID configuration.

Yes it does override the WLAN SSID interface.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thanks a lot Scott! Thanks for the information!!!

Best Regards

Leonardo

No problem...

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card