Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Only 24 controller in a mobility group?

I want to create a anchor controller that has a dot1q leg into our DMZ then make foreign contorllers for the rest of my company which would be 34 controllers in different geographic locations.  The problem I see is that I can only add 24 mobility members to the group to create the mobility peer as stated in this document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/4.0/configuration/guide/c40mobil.html

What are people doing for mobility anchors with greater than 24 controllers?  I am running a mix of 6.0.182.0 and 4.2.112.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Only 24 controllers in a mobility group?

Tim,

Yes you can only enter 24 static entries, so if you have redundant guest anchors, then you will have to get two more and split up the load between a pair of guest anchors.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
4 REPLIES

Re: Only 24 controller in a mobility group?

Well... not all your WLC are in one area per say.... so each location can be one mobility group and your guest anchor would be in a seperate mobility group.  Mobility group helps a user roam from an ap in one controller to an ap in another.  You don't have to have every WLC on the same Mobility group nor RF Group.  Have one mobility group per location (one building, multiple buildings) where you can roam from one to another.

-Scott
Gold

Re: Only 24 controller in a mobility group?

As of 5.1 or later you can add up to 72 controllers in a controller's mobility group list.  The mobility groups are still limited to 24 controllers but with the other controllers and mobility groups defined you can then have roaming between the mobility groups.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/c60mobil.html#wp1093878

Also keep in mind that mobility between versions of controllers is only supported when both controllers are running a GD release:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn6_0_196.html#wp568458

I need to add all the controllers as static mobility group members on the anchor and add the anchor as a member on the peers in order to get the data/control path up and be able to add the anchor on the wlan...correct?  My RF group names and default mobility domain are unique per site.

Tim,

Yes you can only enter 24 static entries, so if you have redundant guest anchors, then you will have to get two more and split up the load between a pair of guest anchors.

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content