Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Only one SSID broadcasted using multiple radios, multiple SSIDs.

This topic has been kicked around quite a bit, but I still can't find the answer. I have a Aironet 1200 with the internal 802.11b radio and an upgrade 802.11a radio. I've defined two SSID's, one for each radio. The status page shows both radios as up, but the 802.11b radio is the only one I can use. The upgrade radio doesn't broadcast the SSID, nor will it allow me to connect to it if I manually type in into my suplicant configuration. What's the trick to getting this to work? My 1200 is running IOS 12.3(7)JA2.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Only one SSID broadcasted using multiple radios, multiple SS

Hi Dennis,

a 1200 AP with only a 802.1b interface cannot support MBSSID. Only 802.1g Interfaces support this config. Therefore only one SSID can be broadcasted.

So called "Guest Mode" in the Gui part of the SSID Manager.

If you configure the "hidden" SSID manually at the client devices it should work.

Best regards,

Frank

Community Member

Thanks Frank.

This is what I don't understand. I have both, a 802.1b and a 802.1g radio in the access point. Only the 802.1b is accessible. I've also tried configuring the SSID manually, but status panel still doesn't show any incoming packets for that radio and obviously, the client doesn't connect.

Thanks,

Dennis

Silver

Hi Dennis,

issue the command

show controllers dottRadio 0 (maybe 1 too, depending on your interfaces setup.)

Multiple basic SSIDs are supported if the results include this line:

Number of supported simultaneous BSSID on radio_interface: 8

I may be wrong, but afaik the mbssid command is supported with version 12.3(4)JA or later.

Hope that helps

Best regards,

Frank

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content