Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Email Doesn't Go Through CISCO Router

Hi,

We have Cisco 1900 Series Integrated Services Routers (has a wired router and a wireless router) and since this morning we can not send emails.

I inquired with both the ISP and the hosting provider and all settings are correct.

I can receive emails from outside the router, but can't send any emails out.

If I try to telnet mail902.opentransfer.com 25 it doesn't connect

Port 25 is the port we were using all the time and was working through the router.

I connected my laptop directly to the modem and was able to send emails using port 25, also was able to telnet to outgoing mail server.

I didn't change anything in the router.

Can anybody help me here, is there a way to "enable" port 25 or "enable" mail.homeserviceclub.com (smtp server) or mail902.opentransfer.com (hosting mail server) if this would solve the problem?

I don't understand why is this happening as I never had to enable or disable any email ports or mail server addresses.

Thanks,

Joseph

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Re: Outgoing Email Doesn't Go Through CISCO Router

Check the logs on your router.

Double check your configuration.

Isolate the problem is not related to device issue.

If necessary reload the route? I've got similar problem last week where syslog port went unreachable with no reason. It was only fixed by restarting my machine!! Strange!!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Finally my hosting provider agreed to listen to my request of checking my WAN IP: it was blocked by their mail server.

Problem resolved.

Thanks for your input.

lol,

Finally it is resolved. good for you. What ISPs that leave customers to struggle a time before they solve their problem.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content