cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PEAP authentication failure with ACS

mspiegelman
Level 1
Level 1

I had a reauthentication problem which was fixed by the hotfix reported on http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885453. The hotfix repairs a compatibility issue between MS PEAP and "third party radius servers" (i.e. ACS).

I could successfully login in and out of the XP machine without any network outage since the client is configured to use machine credentials when user credentials are unavailable. Unfortunately, I had a problem with reauthentication, which caused network connectivity to fail after resuming from standby or hibernation.

The patch fixed the problem and added another. Following network login/logout, I lose network connectivity for 60 seconds (configurable via dot1x timeout quiet-period).

Anyone know what is going on and if there is a hotfix to fix the hotfix?

2 Replies 2

Hi

Im about to deploy PEAP and I found also the same problem. What I realized is that is not PEAP what really fails, is MS supplicant the one that fails. I have an Intel PROWireless 2200bg card and I use the Intel PROSet supplicant and no problem has been detected.

Hi

have some similar reauthentication problem.Is the IntelProset supplicant working fine

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card