Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PEAP clients --- rapid re-authentication

We are deploying  a large number of  IV pumps with internal wireless NICs( dlink)

Clients can successfuly authenticate...then re-authenticate every few seconds..

controller code 6.0.188

ACS version 4.2

authenticating to microsoft AD

Clients are configured for WPA2, PEAP, MSCHAPv2,

each has a unique identity/password

ACS is the CA( using self signed cert)

Any know of a timer value or setting that my trigger this ?

• Security and Network Management
2 REPLIES

Re: PEAP clients --- rapid re-authentication

Charles,

Just a thought on this, is WPA AES enabeld on the SSID? If so try disabling it if you can. I have run into several instances where when that was enabled even though not being used it caused thousands of re-authentications per second.  I actually saw it take down 2 seperate client facilities, in both cases I had TAC Cases open and TAC couldn't understand why it was happening, only that once we disabled WPA AES it immediately stopped and the clients only re-authed on the timer set in the WLC for Session timeout.

Hope this helps.. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Kayle

Re: PEAP clients --- rapid re-authentication

for starters, do a client debug and see what is going on ...

from the WLC

debug client XXXXXXXXXX

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.