Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

PEAP Machine Authentication with ACS

I tested windows XP SP2 client PEAP machine authentication with ACS server. The ACS uses self signed certificate. I have to uncheck "Validate server certificate", otherwise machine authenticaion does not work even I have imported the ACS self signed certicate into the client computer. I am wondering if the machine authenticaion should succeed without uncheck "validate server certificate" when I have a trust signed ceritficate installed on the ACS server. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: PEAP Machine Authentication with ACS

Yes, I have tried that option.

First: Did you add the SS Certificate in the "ACS Certificate Authority Set up"?

Second: You have also Edit teh trust list with this SS certificate.

Third: Windows XP PEAP client has given to me a lot o troubles, try to installed all patches for PEAP like, WindowsXP-KB885453-x86-enu (PEAP Reauthentication fix).exe

This must works, I checked and unchecked "Validate server certificate" and it works

regards!

Bronze

Re: PEAP Machine Authentication with ACS

Sorry Moises, I am confused about your reply. I am not using CA, why I need to configure the "ACS Certificate Authority Set up" and "Certificate Trust List"? I use self signed certificate on ACS and I did not configure those two settings. I imported the ACS SSC to client computer certificate store and checked "Validate server certificate" and it does not work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content