Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PI 2.0 - How to run a report on Clients for an SSID

I'm trying to run a report to find out the client count and information (MAC, Username, etc..) per SSID in a set location over a set period of time.

Example:

SSID: IPVOICE

Time Period: Last 2 weeks

I want Client MAC, username, AP used, Map Location, Date/time

I have found the "Client Sessions" report, and this provides all of the data I want except it gives me the same client over and over for every session in the time frame.

Is there a similar report that only shows the client information once if it accessed the network in that timeframe?

Thank you

5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

HiYou can run " Unique Client

Hi

You can run " Unique Client Detail" report & you can get what you want

Reports > Report Launch Pad > Client > Unique Clients > Unique Clients Report Details

Here is a snapshot of that in PI report, you can choose whatever field you want to include in the report

Thank you, This does make it

Thank you, This does make it easier, but it's still not what I want.

This report includes the SSID, then I need to sift through all clients to find the SSID I care about.

I would like to sort by Location and SSID and only get that output.

VIP Purple

Hi Robert,You can easily

Hi Robert,

You can easily export this report onto CSV format & filter based on SSID or AP MAP location.

When generating this report it does not give option to filter SSID, if it is, then that make your life easier.

I am with PI 1.3, so not sure 2.0 gives any difference

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

RasikaIt's the same in 2.0. 

Rasika

It's the same in 2.0.  I was exporting to a CSV and sorting. I was wanting to make it simple so I didn't have to do the export.

Thanks for your help, the unique clients helps out a lot.

Call Manager has the ability to add search criteria to a search, It would be nice if they would incorporated that ability into PI.

Thanks again.

Robert

VIP Purple

Hi Rob,Yes, that kind of

Hi Rob,

Yes, that kind of enhancement would be useful. You can make PER(product enhancement request) through your Cisco SE for this.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies