Views
Helpful
Replies

PI 2.2 Appliance - 27 m and 30 s to complete reboot

Vasco Costa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Whenever we preform a reboot to the PI 2.2 Appliance, it takes 27 minutes and 30 seconds to complete the entire process. Is this normal?

We're installing a Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Appliance instead of the usual virtual version and we're surprised with such long reboot period. Should you look for any problems in the appliance?

Kind regards,

Vasco Costa 

Cheers,
Vasco
3 Replies 3

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

PI can be very slow while booting. It is depending on the hardware resources and the VMware template being used, but even with an clean installation and very fast storage booting PI takes at least 15 minutes in my experience. If I look at the VMware performance graphs there is not much action while I'm waiting, but there is probably an reason I don't know off why we have to wait.

Most of the times PI is one of the heavier VM's for my customers, only Microsoft Exchange or DB servers are using more resources. It is just a beast.

Please rate useful posts :-)

Thank you for your answers but I think you're both considering that we have the PI 2.2 running on a VM, right?

We are using an Appliance.that was delivered with PI 2.2 already installed.

The only thing we had to do was to power up the appliance; run the initial config and install the license.

Cheers,
Vasco

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Can you check the below

Step 1 Choose Administration > System Settings.

Step 2 From the left sidebar menu, choose Server Tuning.

Step 3 Select the Enable Server Tuning during restart check box, then click Save.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card