Views
Helpful
Replies

PI and wlc compatibility

ittechk4u
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts,

I have 2504 wlc with 7.3 code and Now we installed new Prime infra 2.0.

My question is :

we decided to upgarde wlc software to 7.6.

is PI supported wlc with 7.6 ? if not then what I can do ?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Normally as per cisco docs it not supported.7.4.121.0 is highest version supported by PI 2.0(can also manage Cisco WLC 7.5.102.0 with the features of Cisco WLC 7.4.121.0 and earlier releases.)

Here is the compatibilty matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-148410

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can go for PI 1.4.0.45 thats supports 7.6 wlc version.(means you have to downgrade it)

or

you can wait for PI 2.1 .

Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Normally as per cisco docs it not supported.7.4.121.0 is highest version supported by PI 2.0(can also manage Cisco WLC 7.5.102.0 with the features of Cisco WLC 7.4.121.0 and earlier releases.)

Here is the compatibilty matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-148410

Regards

Thanks for such a fast answer.

I will try to downgrade wlc version to 7.4.121.0 and then try to manage with PI 2.0

Thanks again for help.

v7.4.121.0 is the preferred code unless you need features that v7.6 require. PI 2.0 does manage v7.6 but with feature set of v7.4. I have PI 2.0 with v7.6.101.7 TAC release and I can manage my WLC.

See below to understand it better:

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 enables you to manage Cisco WLC 7.5.102.0 with the features of Cisco WLC 7.4.121.0 and earlier releases. Prime Infrastructure 2.0 does not support any features that are introduced in Cisco WLC 7.5.102.0 or later releases including the new access point platforms.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can go for PI 1.4.0.45 thats supports 7.6 wlc version.(means you have to downgrade it)

or

you can wait for PI 2.1 .

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: