Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Please help me understand how to read the Aironet 1400 detailed summary pag

I am trying to determine how to read the attachment I have provided. I believe that the first category on the statistics page is the cumaltive information. For the entire radio - when transmitting and receiving packets. If that is the case the radio has .019 MB have been received in the Last 5 seconds. 1712 MB have been received since radio was initialized. Is that correct? Now how do I explain the information under the categories of Rate 12, Rate 54 etc... Are these actually packets that are being transmitted with that large amount of data say 54mbps a second. Or is that the speed at which the traffic is being transmitted. I gues I just dont understand how to read the statistics on this page. Please Explain to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Please help me understand how to read the Aironet 1400 detai

Hi David

You are right about the first category: "total" means since initialisation and "Last 5 sec" as it states.

Regarding 2nd part: a device always attempts to transmit at the highest rate (54 Mbps). If obstacles or interference occur, the device steps down to the highest rate that enables data transmission. So, in some situations, other rates are used and that counters are for the total packets/bytes received/transmitted during those periods.

Hope this helps

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Please help me understand how to read the Aironet 1400 detai

Hi David

You are right about the first category: "total" means since initialisation and "Last 5 sec" as it states.

Regarding 2nd part: a device always attempts to transmit at the highest rate (54 Mbps). If obstacles or interference occur, the device steps down to the highest rate that enables data transmission. So, in some situations, other rates are used and that counters are for the total packets/bytes received/transmitted during those periods.

Hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content