Helpful
Replies

Polarity & Diversity for external antennae 1020-1030 Aps

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Ok,

On an areonet AP, the rp-tnc connectors are

parallel to each other, allowing for the ability to run diversity with dipole antennae, duckies for example.

What if I wanted to do the same on a 1020 AP? Are the external connectors mounted in such a way that it allows for the antennae to be used for diversity? as a dipole setup?

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Yes connectors support diversity antennas on 1020 model . AIR-ANT2012 diversity patch antenna, AIR-ANT5959 diversity omni

are supported.

I guess I should have been more clear. If I wanted to mount a duck antenna on each side, mounted straight out, would they be at 180 out of phase, or would I need to bend them 90?

The reason I ask is that there is a 1020 mounted sideways, thus the polarity of the internal antennae is horizontal. I was thinking of placing ducks on the external mounts for the time being.

We will be replacing most of the 1000 series radios with 1252s in the near future

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: