Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Pre-Download Software APs - NCS - WLCs - APs

Hello,

In my environment i have 5 controllers in a central site controlling a lot of Access Points in a lot of places around the city.

In theses places the Accesss Points are working with H-REAP and the link that connect the central site and the branch offices is a 2MB MPLS.

I need to upgrade my controllers, but i have one question, if i put the new software in my controllers creating a New Download Software Task in the NCS and select the option Pre-Download Software APs.

Will the controller try to upgrade all the Access Points associated at once or It will be upgrade one-by-one ?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Will the controller try to upgrade all the Access Points associated at once or It will be upgrade one-by-one ?

I believe it's all-at-once.

Silver

It's not all at once.

The maximum number of  concurrent predownloads is limited to half the number of concurrent  normal image downloads. This limitation allows new access points to join  the controller during image downloading.

If you reach the predownload limit, then the access points that cannot  get an image sleep for a time between 180 to 600 seconds and then  reattempt the predownload.

Once you go to 7.2 code you can have a master AP that gets the upgrade first and then sends the update to the other APs in the same FlexConnect (HREAP) group.

Views
Helpful
Replies