Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime 1.3 to 2.0 Map Zoom Level Problems

We just upgraded from Prime 1.3 to Prime 2.0.  This is a large .ova installation in HA.  Under Prime 1.3 a floor map would load and the zoom bar would be in the middle with most of the floor showing.  After upgrading to Prime 2.0 the zoom bar is at max, but the floor view looks the same.  This means we can't zoom in on any of our maps.  All of our maps were imported in high resolution to the room level.  Mostly using Photoshop .pdf imports of 400-500 dpi and then converting over to high quality .jpeg images.  Also, the new change zoom function just breaks the maps entirely so that's not an option.  The only issue I see is when trying to change the zoom adjustment on a map it says current zoom is 3.  Well, the slider says it's at max so that doesn't seem to line up.  Any suggestions?  Importing a new map fixes this, but we have a LOT of maps and use Aeroscout location services in a healthcare environment so it's not easy to get downtime or upgrade maps.

Everyone's tags (4)
6 REPLIES

Have you opted / selected Maintain Aspect Ratio check box to prevent length and width distortion when Prime

Infrastructure resizes the map, as Prime automatically resizes the map invariant of its size!!

I don't quite understand your question.  When I import maps I import them in a pretty high resolution.  I've used the same process for years and through all of the WCS and NCS upgrades I've never had this happen.  I typically upload a jpeg file that is around 2.5 to 4 megabytes with a resolution of maybe 8000x8000.  This allows me to zoom in to a see a few rooms on a map with around 10k sq/ft or more.  Now, I can't even zoom in.  The default zoom is zoomed in all the way yet I see the entire map so basically I can't zoom. 

If Prime resizes that's fine, but what I'm saying is that the image quality is such that I COULD zoom in more if Prime would let me.

Bronze

I found the same issue when we upgraded to 2.0 and it seems that this is due to the size of the image originally uploaded for a floorplan. I've uploaded larger images for new floorplans since the upgrade and this has resolved the issue, we're now able to zoom in as much as we used to be able to with 1.x.

I have such a problem like this. The original zoom level was 3 (133%), and i increase to 4 (266%), and the map of the building was disapperared. I tried to decrase the zoom level back to '3', but it says that the new zoom level is less than the current. If i click to 'OK' nothing happens. Any idea?

Now i can see only the grid and the APs on the map, but not the map of the building.

I uploaded a new, higher resolution map, and it was solved the problem.

I also have this issue where

I also have this issue where existing maps sudden have no or little zoom post upgrade. I also have an issue of plenty of maps to upgrade that also have a dependancy on third party tools.

Has there been any advances of a fix for this? Because its clearly an upgrade bug!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content