Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Prime 1.4 NBAR protocol pack

So I have installed the nbar protocol pack on my wlc that are running 7.5 code.  Everything is working fine.  I have them configured to netflow for the aggregating of all the avc data into PI.  Its all working except I have some unclassified or unknown traffic showing up in PI when I look at the app data.  I don't see this when I look at the app data directly on the controller.  I found this from this link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/solution_overview_c22-728972.html#wp9000606

Applying Protocol Pack on Cisco Prime Infrastructure

Once the device is updated with the new Protocol Pack, the next step is to update Cisco Prime Infrastructure with it. Browse to Administration à Software Update à Upload Update File.  Now click the browse button to locate the protocol pack ubf file and  upload. You will then have to restart the Cisco Prime Infrastructure  server by logging into the server as "admin" and performing the  following: "ncs stop" followed by "ncs start"."
I can't seem to find any protocol pack file that is a ubf that I can load into Prime.  Is there a special pack just for PI or is it sufficient to just load the protocol pack on the wlc themselves.  I have tried the file that I used on the wlc but it just errors in PI
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Nothing get installed on the Prime server:::

Here's another link that may provide some clues-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/user/guide/config_device_features.html

It says this in your link

When you upgrade an NBAR protocol pack on the device, a corresponding Prime Infrastructure update should be performed to update Prime Infrastructure with the supported protocols/applications on the devices.

To achieve that there is a periodic Prime Infrastructure software update (UBF file) issues when new protocol packs are released. Once you upgrade the NBAR      protocol pack on the device, you should use Prime Infrastructure software upgrade to make sure Prime is also updated with the latest protocols.

Where you ever able to get this clarified?

Views
Helpful
Replies