Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Prime 2.0 to 2.1 installation

I am currently trying to upgrade Prime 2.0 to 2.1, following the instructions in the release notes.  Having some issues uploading the 2.1 patch to the Virtual controller.  Seems to be a syntax error/fat finger;  Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get the patch uploaded via tftp?  Thanks

Here's the general instructions I was using:

Installing Patches

You may need to install patches to get your version of Prime Infrastructure to the level at which upgrade is supported. For example: If you are currently running Cisco Prime Infrastructure version 1.3.0, you must install the PI_1_3_0_20-Update.4-16 patch before attempting to upgrade. You can check the Prime Infrastructure version and patch version you are running by using the CLI commands show version and show application .

Different patch files are provided for each version of Prime Infrastructure and its predecessor products. Download and install only the patch files that match the version of your existing system and that are required before you upgrade to a higher version. You can find the appropriate patches by pointing your browser to the Cisco Download Software navigator .

Before installing a patch, you will need to copy the patch file to your Prime Infrastructure server’s default repository. Many users find it easy to do this by first downloading the patch file to a local FTP server, then copying it to the repository. You can also copy the patch file to the default repository using any of the following methods:

• cdrom—Local CD-ROM drive (read only)
  • disk—Local hard disk storage
  • ftp—URL using an FTP server.
  • http—URL using an HTTP server (read only)
  • https—URL using an HTTPS server (read only)
  • nfs—URL using an NFS server
  • sftp—URL using an SFTP server
  • tftp—URL using a TFTP server

Step 1 Download the appropriate point patch to a local resource in your environment:

a. With the Cisco Download Software navigator displayed in your browser, select Products > Cloud and Systems Management > Routing and Switching Management > Network Management Solutions > Cisco Prime Infrastructure .

b. Select the version of Cisco Prime Infrastructure that most closely matches the one you are currently using (e.g.,Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 ).

c. Click Prime Infrastructure Patches to see the list of available patches for that version of the product.

d. Next to each patch that is required, click Download , then follow the prompts to download the file.

Step 2 Open a command-line interface session with the Prime Infrastructure server (see Connecting Via CLI in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.1 Administrator Guide ).

Step 3 Copy the downloaded patch file to the default local repository. For example:

admin# copy source path /defaultRepo

Where:

•  source is the downloaded patch file’s location and name (for example: ftp://MyFTPServer/pi_9.3.1.0_update.tar.gz).
    •  path is the complete path to the default local backup repository, defaultRepo.
5 REPLIES

Hi,why you need tftp? use FTP

Hi,

why you need tftp? use FTP better. I tried FTP when I upgraded and it worked.

The instructions I had (my colleague provided me with instructions in a text file he got from TAC) didn't work for me.

what I've done is I copied from FTP repository directly. I didn't copy the file to the local repository.

# application upgrade FTP://<ip address>>/<path>/ <upgrade file name>

I didn't copy to the local repository and it works. Just make sure you have good connectivity between FTP server and CPI. in my scenario they were in same vlan and connected to the same physical switch.

Hope this helps.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi, I had some problems

Hi,

I had some problems copying the file to my Prime Infrastructure 2.0 installation until I realised that I needed to put in the full path to the defaultRepo and not just /defaultRepo as the documentation states.

On my installation I did the following and it worked like a charm:

primeinfra01/admin# copy ftp://10.0.0.10/prime/PI-Upgrade-2.1.0.0.87.tar.gz disk:/defaultRepo
Username: ftp
Password: ***

Maybe you're hitting the same problem?

-Michel

Gold

Step 1 Download the

Step 1 Download the appropriate point patch to a local resource in your environment:

a. With the Cisco Download Software navigator displayed in your browser, select Products > Cloud and Systems Management > Routing and Switching Management > Network Management Solutions > Cisco Prime Infrastructure .

b. Select the version of Cisco Prime Infrastructure that most closely matches the one you are currently using (e.g., Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 ).

c. Click Prime Infrastructure Patches to see the list of available patches for that version of the product.

d. Next to each patch that is required, click Download , then follow the prompts to download the file.

Step 2 Open a command-line interface session with the Prime Infrastructure server (see Connecting Via CLI in the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.1 Administrator Guide ).

Step 3 Copy the downloaded patch file to the default local repository. For example:

admin# copy source path /defaultRepo

Where:

•  source is the downloaded patch file’s location and name (for example: ftp://MyFTPServer/pi_9.3.1.0_update.tar.gz).
    •  path is the complete path to the default local backup repository, defaultRepo.

Step 4 Install the patch:

admin# patch install patchFile defaultRepo

Where patchFile is the name of the patch file you copied to defaultRepo.

or check this Bug

CSCun11428

Upgrade from Prime Infrastructure 2.0 to 2.1 failed.

Cisco Employee

Hi Mohan,I wanted to upgrade

Hi Mohan,

I wanted to upgrade my PI 2.0 to PI 2.1. can you pls. guide me to the name of the patch and CCO link from where I can download the patch I should use to upgrade this.

Regards

Harish

Cisco Employee

Hi,I was able to figure out

Hi,

I was able to figure out the patch location but now I am stuck into another problem.

CPI20/admin# dir

Directory of disk:/

20 Feb 25 2014 00:46:26  crash
       4096 Aug 14 2014 20:42:25  defaultRepo/
       4096 Apr 08 2014 17:48:10  ftp/
       7282 May 06 2014 14:06:40  gd
      16384 Aug 28 2013 04:42:35  lost+found/
       4096 Feb 25 2014 00:40:25  ssh/
       4096 Feb 25 2014 00:40:25  telnet/
      20480 Aug 13 2014 22:01:24  tftp/

Usage for disk: filesystem
                 6857330688 bytes total used
                36483276800 bytes free
                45699481600 bytes available
CPI20/admin#
CPI20/admin# show repository defaultRepo
CPI20-140806-0330.tar.gpg
CPI20-140813-0330.tar.gpg
PI-Upgrade-2.1.0.0.87.tar.gz
CPI20/admin#
CPI20/admin# application upgrade PI-Upgrade-2.1.0.0.87.tar.gz disk://defaultRepo/
Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ? yes
Generating configuration...
Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully

Please ensure you have a backup of the system before proceeding.
Proceed with the application upgrade ? (yes/no) [yes] ? yes

DO NOT press ^C while the upgrade is in progress
Aborting upgrade with a ^C may leave the system in a unrecoverable state

Initiating Application Upgrade...
  Stage 1 of 7: Transferring file ...
% Repository not found
CPI20/admin#

Can you please suggest what can be the issue now.

Views
Helpful
Replies