Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Prime 2.0: User Auth Failure Count

Hello

In Prime 2.0, on the Home page> General, you can view dashlets showing various bits of information.

One of those available is User Auth Failure Count and I am trying to establish what this table is showing me and if I can get this information out of Prime in a CSV format for example, in order to do some correlation with RADIUS logs.

I want to establish whether the users being reported as having an auth failure are actually managing to get onto the network eventually, or whether we have an authentication problem we need to tackle.

The only reference in Cisco documentation I have found to date says the following, which is not helpful to me:

"User Auth Failure Count

This dashlet displays a chart which shows user authentication failure count trend over time.  "

Does anyone know if this information is exportable somehow?

thanks

Bryn

Everyone's tags (2)
14 REPLIES
VIP Purple

HI Bryan,

As per my Knowledge you dont have this specific option.

But you can go in Reports > Reports Launch Pad and then you can export any device inventory or client summary or.....there are many options but not specific.

Regards

VIP Purple

You can aslo check in Report Template:

Top N user Authenticatiosn.(In ISE secition of report Launch pad menu ). From this u can generate last

5000 failed/Pass or All authentication.

Regards

Thanks Sandeep

Unfortunately we do not have ISE, so that one is a miss. I suspect I'll have to do some hard work with RADIUS logs and see if I can correlate rejections against the numbers in the Cisco graph, but is annoying to think the information is in prime somewhre but isn't usable.

VIP Purple

Agree Bryan,

The only exportable files are in Report Launch Pad.

You can raise a TAC case and clarify this with cisco guys, may be they can help you.

REgards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts and mark this question as answered, it may help others.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Prime 2.0: User Auth Failure Count

What radius server do you have? In PI, you can tie ACS and or ISE as a viewer. If your using another radius server, then you will not have this visibility in PI and what you need is to review the log in the radius server and review the client in either the WLC or PI. If you have an MSE also, you will be able to see historical data. If you don't have an MSE, you will only get a days worth of data from PI only.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply Scott...we are using FreeRADIUS, but do have MSE so I think some trogging through the logs will be in order.

I don't know too much about freeRadius. The logs on most radius servers can tell you what happened and how a client failed. Again, I don't know about freeRadius.

As long as the MSE is tied to PI and synced you should see historical logs.

-Scott

Hi Scott

I agree with your point that the historical data is available via MSE, but I now come round to my first question, which is how do I get to the data from Prime?

I cannot find a report to run to get the Failed Auth User Count data, although it must be there for the information to be populating the dashlet

I think I will have to try our Cisco contact

thanks

Bryn

Post a screen shot so I can look at my PI

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Scott...there is a screenshot of the graph attached to my first post and this is the range of reports I have (attached)Report options.png

Did you create a new report?  I was able to create a new report and view the data.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

I haven't tried that...not sure I knew you could.
I will try tomorrow.

Thank you Scott

Yeah... you have to create a new report and customize it.  I'm going off of the screen shot you posted though.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

If you are running ISE as a radius client. Please check this configuration also:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.3/configuration/guide/clientmgmt.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies