Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.1 virtual appliance option downgrade

Hi all,

I have a customer with a Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 virtual appliance, deployed with "Standard"configuration option.

Since customer's APs and wireless clients numbers is also supported with "Express-Plus"configuration option, is it possible to downgrade to this option? Might there be problems in the new PI?

Thanks,

Samuele

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You need to rebuild PI and define that during the VM install. All you need to do is backup the device list and maps so you can later import them again. I have typically spun up another VM and when its ready, I shut down the old one and boot the new one.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Can I be sure that there'll be no problem importing the entire database backup (.tar.gz) in a smaller size virtual appliance?

Because I see that Prime 3.1 Quick Start Guide says: "Remember that backups can only be restored to a new Prime Infrastructure server that is the same size or bigger than your previous server"and also "If you are upgrading from a Prime Infrastructure 3.x virtual machine, you should create a new virtual machine with the same deployment configuration option you used previously".

Samuele

I never import the entire db to be honest. I only backup the device if I have a lot and the maps. I can spin up a VM fast and go through the wizard and the extra configuration on the GUI. The backup of the entire db might take a while along with the import.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card