cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime infrastructure 1.3 / 2.0 - LMS 4.2 and NCS PI coexist on one physical appliance?

Derrick Robba
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to purchase the physical appliance the serves both LMS/NCS. Is this possible on the NCS appliance running 1.3 or is this only available on a 2.0 appliance. If so any documentation supporting this would be appreciated..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CPI 2.X is available in VM & appliance.

According to our SE, Cisco has put PI 2.X (and any future PI releases) back on the table for appliance.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Nintendo App

Do you know if LMS and NCS can coexsit on the same box on 1.3?

No it can't.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Great, So PI 2.0 will not support this as well? Sorry to keep harping I just need some clarity, I have been reading conflicting posts on this.. I was under the impression that centralized management was the whole point behind PI.. Apparently not..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Do you mean on the same ESX based box as a virtual appliance? I guess that would be possible, if you meet the hardware requirements.

You can't run two systems on an appliance. An appliance allows only one OS to run at a given time.  PI and LMS need to be ran on a separate VM'swhich can be on the same VM host, but are individual virtual machines.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card