Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not associating

I have a client with a printer that has a static IP and it is not associating with the WLC over FlexConnect.  For Debug Client all I see is

*apfMsConnTask_0: Jan 27 12:21:07.757: Association request from the P2P Client Process P2P Ie and Upadte CB

*apfMsConnTask_5: Jan 27 12:26:28.364: Association request from the P2P Client Process P2P Ie and Upadte CB

Nothing else. The IP is in the same subnet as the AP is it associating to, the key and SSID is correct, but that is all I see come across.

7 REPLIES

Printer not associating

Can you change the printer to be DHCP and do a reservation for it's IP in the scope?

passive client is not supported with FlexConnect:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080b3690b.shtml#anc12

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Printer not associating

Yes, but if it does associate, what would prevent it from doing so with a static?   I will have the client set it to DHCP nad see if it connects.

Printer not associating

Passive clients, like printers, tend to not send any IP information until they are triggered.  In Local mode AP, this is what Passive Client configuraiton helps with, to learn the static IP of clients that are not chatty.

With FlexConnect the AP will never be able to learn the client AP and install a bridge entry, as Passive Client is not supported

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Printer not associating

Same results for DHCP, doesnt associate.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Printer not associating

Make sure that you have the lower data rates enabled... I have seen where disabling the lower data rates (good thing) breaks association with specific clients.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Printer not associating

Data rates for that location are set to 1, 2, & 5.5 as mandatory.   What is strange is on the debug for that MAC I get two entires only, the request to associate, and nothing after that.

Going to call that printer V-ger.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Printer not associating

yeah that is strange... don't know what else you can do unless the vendor has a work around.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content