Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem on ACS Solutions Engine (4.0)

Hi. I'm currently using an ACS SE4.0, WLC 2006, 1130AG LWAPP APs.

My authentication in WLC is set on WPA2. No Layer 3 security.

I also added Radius server pointing to my ACS SE4.0 and uses port 1812.

I have user defined on ACS SE4.0, configured to support EAP-FAST, EAP-LEAP.

I added my WLC 2006 on ACS SE4.0 as NAS and uses 'Authenticate using' Cisco Aironet

Now, I have Cisco ABG card on my laptop and configured to run WPA/WPA2/CCKM, EAP-FAST.

Now my problem is, I can't authenticate because there's an error in WLC saying 'No Radius Servers Are Responding'

Is there are any solution on these?

P.S.

I installed ACS4.0 (running on Windows 2000 Server) the same configuration as what on my ACS SE4.0, and guess what, it works flawless.

I'm beginning to think if these would be a BUG on ACS Solution Engine 4.0?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to:

Go to Interface Configuration, Advanced Options. Check the Distributed System Settings check box and submit.

Go to Network Interfaces, scroll down the view to the Proxy tables. Click the entry shown. You will see a list of ?available? and ?in use? proxy servers. Remove the server (probably shown as the hostname of the ACS) from the ?in use? column and add the server DELIVERANCE1 to the ?in use? column. In effect you are swapping them over. Submit and restart services if required.

Go to Network Interfaces, under AAA servers you will see two servers listed. One will have the correct IP address and one will (probably) have a 169.x.x.x address probably showing the correct hostname. Click the hostname of the entry with the 169.x.x.x address and on the next screen click the Delete and Submit button to remove it.

After you've done that it shoudl work. I had the same problem and ended up speaking to TAC to get it resolved (even they were struggling with it for a while). I was finding that the AP's were sending RADIUS requests to the ACS (sniffed them with Ethereal) but it wasn't replying. The way it configures itself in the Proxy Distribution table means that the "real" ACS server is passing all the auth requests to the spurious one which doesn't really exist so doesn't reply. Very helpfully, nothing is logged on the ACS to tell you what's going on.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

On the ACS SE, under Network Configuration check to see if the ACS is listed twice under AAA Servers. If it is, it's configured itself with an internal loop and will never authenticate. If you reply to this I will explain what to do to fix it.

Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply.

You are right, it was configured twice under Network Configuration -> AAA Servers.

How to solve this issue?

Thanks in advanced

Regards,

Dave

You need to:

Go to Interface Configuration, Advanced Options. Check the Distributed System Settings check box and submit.

Go to Network Interfaces, scroll down the view to the Proxy tables. Click the entry shown. You will see a list of ?available? and ?in use? proxy servers. Remove the server (probably shown as the hostname of the ACS) from the ?in use? column and add the server DELIVERANCE1 to the ?in use? column. In effect you are swapping them over. Submit and restart services if required.

Go to Network Interfaces, under AAA servers you will see two servers listed. One will have the correct IP address and one will (probably) have a 169.x.x.x address probably showing the correct hostname. Click the hostname of the entry with the 169.x.x.x address and on the next screen click the Delete and Submit button to remove it.

After you've done that it shoudl work. I had the same problem and ended up speaking to TAC to get it resolved (even they were struggling with it for a while). I was finding that the AP's were sending RADIUS requests to the ACS (sniffed them with Ethereal) but it wasn't replying. The way it configures itself in the Proxy Distribution table means that the "real" ACS server is passing all the auth requests to the spurious one which doesn't really exist so doesn't reply. Very helpfully, nothing is logged on the ACS to tell you what's going on.

Hope this helps.

Hi there Andrew!

Thank you sir.. It's now working..

Great! I think the cause in my case was initially connecting the LAN cable to the wring interface but I'm not entirely sure because even after connecting it to the right interface and imaging the thing it still didn't work as it should. Having said that, I built another one last week which behaved perfectly from the word go. A wierd one!

I had this same issue, and I got lucky finding seeing the problem, because I think by default proxy servers aren't listed in the interfce.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card