Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Cisco Secure Access Server 3.0

aichafe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please what is my problem? I use Cisco Secure Access Server Version 3.0 for Windows 2000/NT Servers to authenticate users on our wireless network. I however wish to assign monthly time limits to each user after which he/she will no longer have access until next month or the timer is reset. I tried this with the "User Usage Quota" under User setup. I set the Server to "Limit user to X hours of online time per Month" and enabled the "Use these settings" and also checked the box by the side of the option. I saved and restarted my server. Unfortunetly the settings did not work for all the users whose quotas I set.

What Am I doing wrong. Please assist.

Chafe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeff.k
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have your AP's sending accounting data? If not, ACS has no way of knowing how long they've been online?

You can utilize your ACS logging to see what your accounting looks like to confirm whether you are receiving accounting packets or not?

HTH

Jeff

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jeff.k
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have your AP's sending accounting data? If not, ACS has no way of knowing how long they've been online?

You can utilize your ACS logging to see what your accounting looks like to confirm whether you are receiving accounting packets or not?

HTH

Jeff

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card