Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

problem with vlan in an aironet 1131g

Hello to everybody.

I'm trying to configure an Aironet 1131g-e-k9 using 3 vlan and a 3com switch. The problem I'm encountering is very strange:

If I activate the vlan/essid without any kind of security, it works perfectly, I can connect, I can only see the corresponding vlan, etc.

If I activate the security, with only one essid and no vlan, it works without problems. The security used is EAP with an external radius server.

Then, when I activate the vlan AND the security, suddendly the laptop i'm using for testing simply can't connect. It puts a "cant connect to this network, maybe it's out of range" error, and doesn't even ask me for the user/password for the EAP.

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: problem with vlan in an aironet 1131g

so I think you will see some messages in the eventlog maybe this helps us to find the way to the problem. Or we need to debug in the console..via telnet or ssh connected to it.

Attached,just for information my ssid manager settings, but I think you have the same settings done except the encryption, where i use wpa2 enterprice

10 REPLIES

Hi Enrique,

I would configure it a little bit different than you.

I upload a example configuration which O use, to show you how I configure it. VLAN 3 is my management vlan and vlan 40 on the LAN side native, because of some reasons.

I use wpa2 enterprice and just one ssid for guest-mode.

Take a look, maybe it helps. I think Mbssid is the problem.Also the native vlan on the dot11 interface are things I don't know or use.

hope that helps you.

best regards

sebastian

Community Member

I must admit that I'm using the web interface, because I dont know how to use the CLI.

I've done what you told me, deactivating the multiple essid, and setting only one as guest mode. I keep getting the same error, even in the essid that is broadcasting.

I've attached a screen capture of the resume of the security tab.

Thanks for the help.

OK, I'm not really sure in the moment...

The overview looks like my one.

Are you sure, that the AP an reach the Radius Server. The secret should be okay, because you was able wihtout vlan to work.

check the radius log, of he gots an request from the AP...I think you have here the problem..

If you don't find something, give me the new config again please...

Sebastian

Community Member

Thats what I get if I telnet onto the AP:

ping 10.192.135.118

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.192.135.118, timeout is 2 seconds:

!!!!!

Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/2/6 ms

I dont think the problem its with the radius server, because the windows XP laptop fails before asking me for user/pass. It's a Centrino Duo, so I don't think the problem lies in the PC.

so I think you will see some messages in the eventlog maybe this helps us to find the way to the problem. Or we need to debug in the console..via telnet or ssh connected to it.

Attached,just for information my ssid manager settings, but I think you have the same settings done except the encryption, where i use wpa2 enterprice

Community Member

Solved !

The problem was in the encryption setting. I had the "wpa" checkbox unmarked, i've marked it, configured WPAv2, and now everything works.

I've reactivated the multiple ssid setting, and it works, so this wasn't part of the problem.

Thanks a million for the help :-)

Ok Let me aks YOU one question ;-)

why use you mbssid? what is the benefit for you...I have no experiences in that...

would be nice to know for me..

thanks

Community Member

The clients we are going to use (Windows XP Pro SP2 and SP3) have some problems connecting to a network with hidden essid, so I need to have all the essid in "guest mode", and AFAIK, this can only be done with mbssid and "guest mode" in all the essids.

Community Member

Probably already convered, but do you have trunking, encapsulation and allowed vlans configured on the switch?

On the Cisco switches it would be:

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk allowed vlans 1,10,11,50,90

Community Member

Yes, that part was functioning previously, because without encryption they where working flawlessly. In fact, I don't know why, if the problem was in the WPA config, it worked without v-lans...

BTW, we are using 3Com switches.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content