cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with WCS, with an error message (Error: Object not found in device)

Philippe C
Level 1
Level 1

I  have a problem with WCS, I can not open the window monitor /  controllers with an error message (Error: Object not found in device)  -> https: / / 10.19x.xxx.xx/webacs/switchDetailAction. do? ControllerID = 23735
by  cons I can open the window configures / controllers -> https: / /  10.19x.xxx.xx/webacs/switchGeneralAction.do? command = detail &  ControllerID = 23735

Is there a way to recreate the database or the object? thank you in advance

error object no found in device.jpg

7 Replies 7

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

the best way to "resynchronize", is to do the following :

-Configure->controllers.

Select the cursed controller, in the drop-down menu chose "refresh config from controller"

Then validate that you want to refresh the database of WCS with the current config of WLC.

then you can go to the same page, reselect that controller and now select "audit now".

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

If you find this answer helpful, please rate it

thank you for your help
Unfortunately, the command "refresh config from controller"  does not solve the problem because we have a negative result

(in mode retain or in mode delete) with the following logs :

Log file wcs-0-0.log

10/19/10 12:07:16.333 ERROR[snmpmed] [23] Response VarBind missing for class InterfaceConfig attribute isInterfaceWired

Log file tomcat_localhost_access_log

10.197.xxx.xx - - [19/Oct/2010:12:07:16 +0000] "POST /webacs/switchListCommandAction.do HTTP/1.1" 200 47399

10.197.xxx.xx- - [19/Oct/2010:12:07:16 +0000] "GET /webacs/alarmSummaryAction.do?command=summary&dojo.preventCache=1287490037130 HTTP/1.1" 200 421

What is your WCS version ?

It's a good question

we work with 2 WLC Software version 6.0.188.0 and a WCS Software version 4.2.110.0

WCS 4.2 does not support Wlc 6.0

It precisely gives errors like the one you are seeing.

WCS should always be of a version higher or equal than WLCs

Nicolas

===

Please rate answers that you find useful

Hi!

I got the same problem with wlc software 6.0.199.4 and wcs software 6.0.132.0. Maybe this would be useful to know.

Same thing Mariya, the WCS version needs to always be greater than the WLC version.

As a general truth, your management system needs to be newer than your managed devices in order to support them. this is always written in WCS release notes.

Regards,

Nicolas

===

don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card