Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem With Web Captive Portal

Hi

I have a cisco 5508 and im trying to configure Web Auth for External Redirect, Passthrough. I have a page that is located on an external web server that ask you your date of birth and zip code to let you access the network

When I connect to the SSID, the page redirects to the external URL and the the URL shows up in the browser window , you enter the pieces of info they ask, and apparently, you are surfing the net, it redirects you  to the company web. But this is the only page you can browse, if you try to navigate to any other http page, the captive portal appears again, like if was the first time you access the network.

I have the preauth ACL, in which i permitted the access to the DNS and the public Ip where the page is hosted you the can reach it without problems, but if in the preauth acl i permit any to any, you can see like a flash of the redirect page, but you skip it without entering any data, so i can not have a permit any, because if i do, the browsers skips the page.

Not sure what it is exactly,  any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES

In your page, do you have the Pragma tag for no-cache?

I wonder if when the user gets shunted to the page, if they were trying to access the original page that they had tried to access before redirecting.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Just to add to Steve's post.... your client is probably still int he webauth_req state and not the RUN, or am I mistaken.  This is what you have to look at.  If the client is in the WEBAUTH_REQ, then the external webauth didn't pass the correct info back to the WLC.  Until the client device is in the RUN state, no access will be granted except for what you have defined in your Pre-AUTH ACL.  Verify that the java script hasn't changed, when you were creating the html page for the external server.  You can download the example bundles here:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282600534&softwareid=282791507&release=1.0.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

The default script you would need is for the passthrough:

Make sure your accesp button uses the function submitAction()

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi yes, the captive portal already have the meta tag in the code, and also this java code is also implemented, but the result is the same, how you can help me more?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Do you have a pre-auth ACL for that WLAN?  That is required for external webauth.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes i do have the preauth acl

Yes i do have the preauth acl.

Views
Helpful
Replies