Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problems with a 2700 series location appliance.

Hi,

I have a location appliance that can not detect any bootable device.

When I power up the appliance it starts normally but then it stops, saying something like this:

“…

Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Reboot and Select proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

…”

The whole thing that I can read in the monitor is what I logged in the file “Rui_2700_1”.

In the beginning I had a problem in accessing the appliance, but later I solved that problem.

I could access the BIOS setup and see if something was wrong.

I put the HD as the first device to be used as bootable device… but even whit this change it did not work as I expected, and the result was what I logged in the file “Rui_2700_2”.

I notice a thing that I searched in the Cisco documentation and there is nothing that talks about that.

The thing is like this, the appliance as a led (near the information button) that in the beginning starts with the blue colour and after a wile change to blinking amber…?

There is some one that can help me?

Why can't my appliance start and run normally?

What mean the blinking amber led?

Thanks in advance,

Rui

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Problems with a 2700 series location appliance.

You are going to have to open a TAC case and get an RMA setup. There isn't a way to get the image reloaded in the field.

Re: Problems with a 2700 series location appliance.

Dan,

thanks for your answer.

I suspected that but I was hopping that the problem could have a different solution.

Bye,

Rui Capao

Views
Helpful
Replies