Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PVLANs with Wireless

Hi guys,

PVLANs with a wireless controller, is this possible?

I'd like to create an isolated PVLAN on my wireless network and my understanding is that all traffic from the AP is tunnelled back to the controller through the CAPWAP tunnel to the controller where the VLAN would then carry the traffic to my layer 3 switch which is where I would create my promiscuous port. The thing that is throwing me slightly is the configured layer 3 interfaces on the wireless controller...

Simplified diagram attached and suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

There is no PVLAN within WLC

There is no PVLAN within WLC.

Even though you configured L3 interface on WLC, all inter-vlan communication has to go through a L3 switch (typically where WLC connected)

What is your requirement, there may be another way of achiving the same outcome 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

There is no PVLAN within WLC

There is no PVLAN within WLC.

Even though you configured L3 interface on WLC, all inter-vlan communication has to go through a L3 switch (typically where WLC connected)

What is your requirement, there may be another way of achiving the same outcome 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply Manannalage, that's what I thought!

I'm going to separate my host networks from each other with ACLs, simple and effective, just not as cool as PVLANs.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content