cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos Roles

rluyster
Level 1
Level 1

When adding a guest user with a lobbyadmin id, is it possible to assign that user a QoS role.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

krengasw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This feature QOS roles for guest user using lobby admin was supported on wcs .yes,you are right,this qos role for guest user using lobby was not implemeted on controller side.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You only can assign an ssid tto a QoS level.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have assigned the QoS policy to the SSID, however f I add a "guest account" with an admin account, it allows to to select "guest user role" and assign the QoS role that I have defined. When using the LobbyAdmin account this option is not there and the user is only limited to the QoS policy defined on the SSID. My thought was to create seperate roles and futher limit bandwidth depending on what the guest role was.

What code are you running?

-Scott

Have you verified that it takes the QoS level you set when you are logged in as an administrator. I'm wondering if this overrides the SSID Qos level or not.

-Scott

I have verified this, and yes it does override the SSID levels.

Nice to know.... Well since the Lobby Admin doesn't have this feature, you can always let your local wireless SE to put this as a future feature request.

-Scott

krengasw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This feature QOS roles for guest user using lobby admin was supported on wcs .yes,you are right,this qos role for guest user using lobby was not implemeted on controller side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card