Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

questions abour WDS and WLSE

Folks,

We have a couple of G radios access-points (1200 series) in our building, I have been asked to use WLSE to secure them. I have a few questions:

1) Would the WLSE detect a B radio or an A radio? if so how, because all the access-points are G radios, i heard that G radios are compatable with B radios, as they use the same frequescy, so would G radios be able to detect the presence of B radios (rouge access-point).

2) ALSO, i have reading cisco documentation, and they said that even an ip phone 7920 when brought up in the SWAN enabled network would show up as a rouge access-point in the WLSE, is that true, does that mean any wireless devide that tryies to interfere with the access-points frequesncy would show up in wlse as rouge or only access-points.

3) has some one used radio scan feature of wlse, ANDy BENEFITS??? what information would i get from clients wareabouts.

Thanks

• Security and Network Management
2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: questions abour WDS and WLSE

Have a look at: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cwparent/cw_1105/wlse/2_7/u_gd/radio.htm

You'll get a better understanding of why you need AP Radio Scan, Client Walkabout etc

Re: questions abour WDS and WLSE

1) with most current AP ios image on cco, WLSE (2.7)detects B radio only. however once Cisco release 12.2(15)JA, it will detect 11a/b/g all. please beware you gotta upgrade your WLSE to 2.7 which released a couple of days ago only to support 12.2(15)JA

refer to the table 2 on the following doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/products_device_support_table09186a0080216263.html

Views
Helpful
Replies