cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about EAP-FAST

BRUNO WOLLMANN
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for some really good documentation on EAP-FAST. I have it running in a small production scenario right now so that I can conduct user trials. Links to good documentation would be appreciated or direct answers if you have them.

My Setup:

3750G switch with built-in controller (v.5.0.148.0)

4 * 1130AG access points

Cisco Secure ACS v3.3

Cisco PI21AG clients

Intel 4965AGN clients

My Issues:

1) Is there a way to disable the prompt that asks a user if they want to accept the PAC? There is no good reason to select "no".

2) When a user logs onto a machine for the first time the EAP-FAST authentication completes successfully and as soon as the desktop is diplayed, it goes through EAP-FAST authentication again. Subsequent logons by a user are fine. Why is this happening twice for first time users?

3) The answer for this question may explain #2. While checking the logs on my ACS server, "EAP-FAST user was provisioned with new PAC" gets displayed in Failed Attempts for a first time user.

4) Is there a way to do a machine PAC rather than 1 for each user?

5) when I checked my PACs using the Cisco ADU some of them are RED while the rest are GREEN. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bruno

1 Reply 1

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: