cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

quick view of associated ip addresses

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently started seeing an issue on my network and I need a better way to handle it.

I have about 15 Aironet 1200 AP's and I do not have a central controller, they are all individual and running the newest IOS. Is there a way I can see very easily all the IP addresses associated with each AP without opening a web link to each one and looking at the associations?

Every now and then I have to find a laptop that a member of the public brings in knowing only it's IP address.

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

This is not possible without a centralized management. For Autonomous AP you can use WLSE for this to work.

pharris
Level 1
Level 1

easier way is to ssh or telnet to AP's and issue

sh dot11 assoc

The web interface is very slow.

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

You can use SNMP.

Filtering it; therefore you can get the information you just want to see.

This may be beyond the scope of this forum, but how do I do that? I have a snmp manager and it can talk to the AP's, I've just never used snmp much before. I just looked at all the cisco mibs and I don't know if I need one, which one to use, or how to filter the results.

Like I said, hate to sound like a knob, I just don't know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card