Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

"Configuration is different on the Device" Msg?

Hello,

I have 10 AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 connected to a 4402 controller.  I have a couple of questions:

- When I go into CONFIGURE/ACCESS POINT, one of the AP's has the message "**Configuration is different on the Device**".  How do I connect directly to the device to check the settings? I tried to telnet but that didn't work.

- Are these access points capable of acting as a DHCP server?  If so, where can I check this setting? I have workstations that are unable to pull an IP address from my DHCP server running on a Windows server. I want to make sure the AP's and/or the controller are not the issue.  The clients see the SSID and the signal is strong, but when they connect they get limited network connectivity message and the IP addr is 169.254.97.123 (which is wrong).

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "Configuration is different on the Device" Msg?

Hey Jax,

The access points are managed by the WLC, unlike autonomous access points you very rarely needed to go into the AP. That being said, lets look at your DHCP issue. A few questions

1. Is this a new install or was this working and then stopped working?

2. Do you have the scopes created on the DHCP server

3. Did you add the DHCP server ip address to the dynamic interface on the wlc

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
3 REPLIES

Hey Jax,

The access points are managed by the WLC, unlike autonomous access points you very rarely needed to go into the AP. That being said, lets look at your DHCP issue. A few questions

1. Is this a new install or was this working and then stopped working?

2. Do you have the scopes created on the DHCP server

3. Did you add the DHCP server ip address to the dynamic interface on the wlc

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

"Configuration is different on the Device" Msg?

Thank you! THe problem was related to #3.  I had to change the IP address of the DHCP server on the interface.

Going back to the error message:  Should I be concerned the AP is reporting a different config from the controller?  Is there a way to connect directly to the AP to check it's config without taking it down and getting into it locally via a console type connection?

Thanks.

You can enable telnet/ssh from the AP config and set a user/pass and access the ap that way. Though with a local mode AP you won't see much.

Just to double check you see this on the WLC and not WCS correct?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies