cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

"Performance evaluation of redundant home agents in Mobile IP"

Hi,

I am currently working on project, "Performance evaluation of redundant home agents in Mobile IP". After having loads of trouble implementing mobile IP protocol and setting up real testbed in my Cisco lab, I could just achieve the co-ordination between active and standby home agent routers but the association of mobile IP client (Cisco mobile client itself) with these home agent routers is a big mess. I have tried it by implementing a variety of configurations (from Cisco mobile IP book and also referred online configuration reference) but no success as such. I also had my Cisco trainer (the best person I can get) from my university to help me out, but the outcome was same. I am really worried about my project and the deadline is very near, September end.

The three metrics in consideration are 1) CPU utilization 2) Registration Latency 3) Load balancing. As I could not have the proper implementation of the testbed, I have no information from routers to analyze and do performance evaluation on it. Is there any way I can achieve this..atleast 1st two metrics? I really have less time in my hands.

Any information is deeply appreciated.

thanks.

ramnath.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: "Performance evaluation of redundant home agents in Mobile I

Monitor the packets going in and out of the router, you can run debug ip packet details. Beware cause this debugs stresses the cpu load, but is a way to monitor the comes and going to packets through the network.

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a008008028f.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content