Views
Helpful
Replies

RADIUS for WLAN 4402 version 3.2

kamrannaseem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am new to WLAN I have been given the task to configure RADIUS on WLAN 4402 with software version 3.2.

I have RADIUS configured on cisco 3750 switch and is working fine, just need to configure it for WLAN controller.

Any help will be much appriciated.

many thanks,

kaman.

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well that is very old code. You might want to look at upgrading first, but only if you have support and can download the code.

Here is a matrix to make sure your AP's are supported with the code you upgrade to. The latest v7.0.x is what you should upgrade to, but you would have to do incremental upgrades.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Here us a link to radius configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665d18.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

I know it is very old version but at the moment am not allowed to upgrade .But there is an option in this version to configure RADIUS via web interface but i dont know how to go about configuring it.

any help will be much appriciated.

many thanks.

The option under Security > RADIUS, is used to configure the WLC to send 802.1x request to an external AAA server.

Do you have ACS/ISE/IAS/NPS etc running arleady?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have TekRadius running on 2003 server and I have configured AAA on my cisco 3750 switch and is  working fine.

Now i need to configure it for WLAN controller.

many thanks.

Ok, go to Security > RADIUS > and add the server IP and shared secret there.

Under the WLAN, drop down should be WPA+WPA2.  set for 802.1x.  sorry pulling from memory on this so may be slightly off

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On that note, IIRC WLC as a radius didn't come out until sometime in the 4.x code, and I really want to say it ws 4.1.

But as Scott said that is really old code.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi,

So basically the software version no. of a WLAN controller does not matter if I am running RADIUS on a server ?

does it ?

many thanks.

Correct.  If you are running AAA off box, the WLC doesn't matter. 

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi Stephen,

So on latter versions like 7.0  I can setup RADIUS on WLAN controller ?

many thanks,

yes, on later code the WLC can be a radius server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a008093f1b9.shtml

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Hi Stephen,

Thank you ever so much.

much appriciated for your time.

kind ragards,

Kamran.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card