cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius Server Authentication Problems (350 Series)

GREG W.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I manage a Wireless network which is used by ISP's to provide WLAN Broadband access. We use BR350 AP's (currently on a variety of firmware release (due to a range of issues)).

Our environement uses a Radius Server to do MAC authentication of devices connecting to the AP. Secure tunnels are used across the top of this. The network utilises a Wireless 'backhaul' from the AP(s) to the main data centre and is routed from there. There are 3 'cells', with dual redundant AP configurations at each cell site.

Our problem is that if the Radius Server becomes unavailable, the authentication continues to fail for a period of time (we think its about 30 mins), which causes all clients to be unable to connect during this time.

Does anyone know anything about this issue, such as why the timeout period exists, or whether this is a bug?

We have a range of other problems, but the most concerning (apart from the authentication issue) is the AP Units restarting for unknown reasons. This started occuring since the first upgrade to a 12.xx firmware release. Since then the problem occurs daily. There appears to be interaction between the devices as when one reboots, quite frequently, another device will also.

Has anyone seen any of these problems, or have any suggestions as to the resolutions? We are in the process of logging a TAC case, however I figured Id ask you all here also.

Regards,

Greg

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

I could not find any Bugs that talk about a problem similar to the one you are facing. I guess, your upgrade procedure might be to blame. Do have a look at the step-by-step upgrade procedure at http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-wireless.shtml.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: