Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Radius & wireless & IP address

Hello, I''d like to use a Radius to dynamically authenticate wireless users, but I'd know if it's possible to assign dinamically address to the wireless port, when accesing to the RADIUS, or validaing it to avoid wireless clients of changing their IP address.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Radius & wireless & IP address

Nope..no way that you can allocate the ip address to the wireless clients thru radius..You can use the DHCP server to allocate the ip address dynamically..

Cisco Employee

Let me clarify more here..Cisco's aironet wireless clients associated with cisco's access points and authenticated via LEAP with RADIUS server, can't get ip address allocated via radius server..There is no way in LEAP that you can do it..Atleast cisco dosen't support it..Tejal

Using Aironet PCMCIA 352 cards, Aironet 350 series AP's, LEAP, MAC authentication, and 802.11i pre-standard security features TKIP and MIC, I have successfully allocated ip addresses from the RADIUS server. Separate feature from LEAP. Danny

Yes. Using Funk's Steel Belted RADIUS, I've been able to assign IP addresses using the IP Pool feature and creating a range of IP addresses independant of the DHCP server. Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content