Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Rate Limiting by IP / MAC???

I am in the process of building a wireless network to sell service on. We have a few Aironet 350's to test with but am unsure of how to go about rate limiting per user (IP or MAC). We would like to have 2 different levels of service, one being capped at 1.5mbit and the other capped around 4mbit. Is there a way to shape this traffic using GTS or CAR to do just that? It seems to me that if I were to have 2 access lists doing this and two users were connected and were on the lower service plan they would all be grouped into the same rate limiting scheme and thus would have to share 1.5mbit max between the two of them. In reality, I would like to give both of them at max 1.5mbit if available.

Any info is appreciated!!!

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Rate Limiting by IP / MAC???

I am not sure if this can be done using the wireless device, but cisco routers support a command called access-list rate-limit, which can rate limit based on the mac address. But even in this only one access list is accepted. If you add a second access list it will over write teh first one.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/qos_r/qrdcmd1.htm#1017390

Views
Helpful
Replies