Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Reauthencation of Wireless User does not get prompt

Hi Sir,

I set up a Radius server(Cisco ACS) to authenticate wireless users via 802.1x. The EAP protocol deployed is Microsoft PEAP as most of the clients OS is XP. The users might be sharing the same laptops. When a user select the wireless network to connect to, he was prompted a window for him to enter the Username, Password and Domain field. After successful authentication, he was able to access the network resources.

However, the user is not prompted the Username, Password and Domain after he has done so the first time. I understand that XP cached the user credentials in the registry. But my customer would like the window prompt to appear when the following scenario happens to reauthenticate

a) Session timeout (Notice options in Group profile in ACS but didnt seem to work). What is this session timeout in ACS?

b) Idle timeout to reauthenticate the current wireless user as the user might leave his workspace for a short period of time and someone might have use his credential to access the network illegitimately

c) When he shuts down the PC and the laptop is passed to another user but the previous user credential is used rather than the second user credentioal is used.

How can I disable the automatic cached user credentials? Is there a way to prompt the user after a period of time for him to enter Username, Password and Domain field again? Is the option available in the XP client? I search through the AP configuration options but found none.

Please advise. Thank you

Delon

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Reauthencation of Wireless User does not get prompt

Hi,

I will try it out and let you know the result.

Thanks.

Delon

Bronze

If you use Airespace controller, you can set the session timeout for the WLAN. After this session timeout, use has to reauthentication not using the cached credential.

Views
Helpful
Replies