Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended settings and questions about 2500 Controller

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We are currently deploying a 2500 Controller at a remote site. This will be our first one and our first 802.11n network. First, I noticed that there is no AP manager interface in the controller. This is not used anymore for the APs?

The network we are creating is only going to have 1 VLAN for wired and wireless devices. I didn't create a new interface for the WLAN so I'm assigning it to the MAnagement interface. This is ok, correct?

I noticed that DHCP Proxy is checked by default. Is this going to cause any problems as we are going to be using a Main Campus DHCP server to service the remote site? I added the server address in the WLAN config and the management interface config.

What is scan defer priority, and will having the 4, 5, and 6 checked (the default) cause any problems.

Thank you, Pat.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct with the new controllers to do not need to creat an ap-manager interface. The management interface acts as it.

Yes you can use the management I terrace for your clients. As for shop proxy, unless the WLC is going to be a DHCP server go ahead and disable it.

The scan defer is so that if the AP detects those up values it degrees doing an off channel scan. Again. I harm I. Having them enabled.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct with the new controllers to do not need to creat an ap-manager interface. The management interface acts as it.

Yes you can use the management I terrace for your clients. As for shop proxy, unless the WLC is going to be a DHCP server go ahead and disable it.

The scan defer is so that if the AP detects those up values it degrees doing an off channel scan. Again. I harm I. Having them enabled.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card