Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remote APs with multiple vlan / dhcp

On one of our 5508 controllers we have approx 40 APs, about 20 local and 20 flexiconnect. Until now we have only had one vlan on the flexiconnect APs, but our local APs have several SSIDs connecting to different Vlans and assigned different dhcp addresses correctly.

We now have the need to have multiple SSIDs on some sites being assigned different IPs.

I have created the interfaces, with the correct ip and dhcp server, linked with the correct AP group. The SSID is shown and can be connected, but the original ip is being assigned and not the new range.

I have not yet created any security policies so the new range has full access to the entire network and the controller can ping the new remote vlans.

If i hard connect to the switch on the new vlan, I am assigned the correct new IP range, so this is working.

I cannot see why devices connected to the new SSID are not being assigned the correct IP range.

• Security and Network Management
Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Remote APs with multiple vlan / dhcp

You need to review the FlexConnect configuration guide. You need to trunk the ap port if more than one vlan is required, you also need to enable FlexConnect local switching in the WLAN, you need to also define the WLAN to vlan mapping on each FlexConnect AP.

It varies depending if you want to place traffic locally at the site or tunnel it back.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24082

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You need to review the FlexConnect configuration guide. You need to trunk the ap port if more than one vlan is required, you also need to enable FlexConnect local switching in the WLAN, you need to also define the WLAN to vlan mapping on each FlexConnect AP.

It varies depending if you want to place traffic locally at the site or tunnel it back.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24082

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Many thanks, works perfectly now.

Required trunk and Vlan mappings on each AP

Views
Helpful
Replies